How To Create Gossip Girl Beauty Looks
Karolina Wojtasik / HBO Max
The eagerly awaited Gossip Girl the reboot finally hit HBO Max, ushering in a new ruling class in Constance Billard and St. Jude. And while the emphasis has been on fashion, our favorite Upper East Siders love beauty looks. Who could forget Blair Waldorf’s iconic headbands or Serena van der Woodsen’s lip gloss on the lipstick debate?
This time around, the reboot is being led by famous makeup artist and department head Amy Tagliamonti. Working closely with MAC Cosmetics, Tagliamonti created a fresher, more modern take on Manhattan’s elite: bold lips, a winged lining, and shimmering lids. As evil girl Luna La (played by Zión Morena) proclaimed in the pilot episode, the headbands are definitely out, but some makeup from the original still holds up in 2021.
To further investigate, ELLE.com asked Tagliamonti to show us four unique beauty looks from the first episodes, including the exact products she used and how to recreate them at home.
Julien’s It Girl moment
As Queen of Constance, Julien Calloway has to watch the game. “This is the first time we’ve really seen Julien with his friends at their exclusive venue called Dumbo Hall,” Tagliamonti said. “She’s in her full influencer glory, looking fierce and excited because Zoya is joining the tight-knit group of friends for the first time.”
How to get the look:
- Apply Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation and Make Up Forever Velvet Skin Matte Concealer with a brush or sponge and set without colored powder.
- Fill in the brows with MAC Eye Brows Styler in Brown, respecting the natural shape and texture of the brows.
- Apply Fenty Bronzer in Bajan Gyal around hairline and cheek contours and Mented Cosmetics Blush in Pinky Promise.
- Using the MAC Art Library: Flame-Boyant Palette, apply Dali Wood shade all over the lid, Dada Issues and Fan the Flames in the crease, and Samoa Silk in between to soften it all up. Along the upper lash line, use Tarte in Black’s Tartiest Clay Paint Pencil and a touch of Rimmel Wonder Swipe in Instafamous on the inner corners of the eye at the top and bottom. Finish with Pat McGrath mascara.
- Apply Anastasia Beverly Hills Black Cherry Lip Color and set with Laura Mercier Smooth Foundation Powder.
- Spray the look with Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray.
Kate’s natural elegance
In episode 2, our Upper East Siders attend a chic gala. “Kate Keller, one of Constance’s most memorable teachers, is at the Black Tie for Classroom Supplies event,” Tagliamonti said. “Kate is still pretty, but she’s focused on more than just her makeup! With Tavi [Gevinson], her eyes are naturally so beautiful, so I try to be minimal but use colors that open up and make her eyes stand out even more. “
How to get the look
- Apply Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation and Tarte Shape Tape Concealer or Pat McGrath Labs Concealer.
- Fill in brows with MAC Eye Brows Styler in Fling and apply MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Stay Pretty.
- Using the MAC Amber Times Nine Mini Palette, apply Kitties shade all over the eyelid and a touch of Cozy Gray in the crease. Apply the softened eyeliner on the upper lash line only with the Dior Crayon Eyeliner in Trinidad Black. Finish with Maybelline Volum ‘Express The Colossal mascara in Glam Black.
- Together with Laura Mercier Smooth Foundation Powder and MAC Lustreglass Sheer-Shine Lipstick in See Sheer.
Zoya’s new shimmering daughter
Attending one of her first Upper East Side events, Zoya Lott stands out as the new girl. “Zoya is getting her feet wet learning to navigate this competitive and often cruel new world, not only of high school, but of high society,” says Tagliamonti. “She finds her way when it comes to dressing while staying true to herself.”
How to get the look
- Apply Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation and Make Up Forever Concealer. For the cheeks, use MAC Mineralize Blush in Naturally Flawless.
- Together with Maybelline Lasting Fix Powder in banana.
- Apply Lorac Lux Diamond Creme Shadow in Cashmere to the eyelids. Using the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, trace the pencil along the upper lash line and extend it. Finish with MAC Extended Play Giga Black mascara.
- Dab on Dr. PawPaw Tinted Balm in Rich Mocha.
Luna’s Glam Schoolgirl
Julien’s right-hand man, Luna La is obsessed with style and beauty. “She wants her best influencer to stay on top at all costs,” Tagliamonti said. “Luna is part stylist, part brain, part quality control.”
How to get the look
- Apply Make Up Forever HD Foundation and KVD Concealer. Set with MAC Blot Powder in Light. For the cheeks, use Laura Mercier Color Infusion Blush in Strawberry.
- Using the MAC Art Library: Nude Model Palette, apply Drop the Robe to the lids and Pleasant to the Eye in the crease. Finish with the Glossier Lash Slick mascara in black.
- Apply Yensa Lip Oil in Pink Shine.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and other similar content on piano.io
You Can Read Also :