March is a special month for women around the world. Guesses why? Yes, it highlights the celebrations around femininity with International Women’s Day.
Yes, March 8 is considered a public holiday in many countries. Others celebrate it not by declaring it a public holiday, but by organizing debates, discussions and street marches to demand equality for women. The media are covering this day with enthusiasm.
How did it all start?
In 1908, the first International Women’s Day was celebrated. On that day of that year, American women took to the streets of New York City to fight for their rights. Every year on March 8, the world unites to celebrate femininity and champion the cause of women’s empowerment.
No discussion of women’s empowerment is complete without recalling the importance of their education, health, work opportunities and the need to reshuffle stereotypical social perception about them through the mass media.
What to Wear: International Women’s Day 2021, is something you must be excited to know, isn’t it? Are there colors for Women’s Day? Yes there is. Is there something new in women’s day fashion? Yes, there are styles and tips in tailoring casual outfits for professional women.
The official color of International Women’s Day 2021
“Violet” is the color of the year 2021.
Why wear purple on International Women’s Day when we normally associate the color purple with lavender flowers?
Ultra Violet 18-3838, a passionate shade of purple, is the 19th Pantone Color of the Year. Purple – is also the color of Women’s Day 2021. It will also complement International Women’s Day #ChooseToChallenge # IWD2021 campaign theme that showcases feminism.
Purple has a historic association with the women’s empowerment movement. Purple, green and white are symbolically synonymous with the Women’s Social and Political Union (WSPU).
The WPSU is an organization that carries the torch of the feminist movement in 20th century Britain that fought for women’s suffrage. The color purple denoted the “royal blood which flows in the veins of every suffragist”. Whereas white was synonymous with purity and the color green symbolized hope.
The website puts it this way: “We can’t be complacent. Today, more than ever, there is a strong call to action to advance and advance gender parity.
A strong call to #ChooseToChallenge. A strong call to motivate and unite friends, colleagues and entire communities to think, act and be inclusive.
Since the official color for International Women’s Day is purple, go ahead and wear a purple shirt and ribbon. It is a good idea for casual outfits for professional women.
One step ahead – be that boring coworker and write all your emails in purple font !! It doesn’t just sound cool, it’s the first step towards solidarity with the feminist cause.
Any idea for the logo for International Women’s Day? Since the women are from Venus, the planet takes center stage in all the crimson glory with women from different walks of life in the background!
The chosen color purple is a symbol of justice and dignity – which are two important goals that International Women’s Day aims to achieve for all women in all regions of the world.
How to celebrate International Women’s Day 2021 online?
Almost all social activities and causes these days go viral overnight. Social media has become the most sensational platform to grab eyeballs for a cause. And she will inevitably be inundated with messages celebrating femininity on International Women’s Day. For the entire first week of March to March 8, here’s what you can do:
You can use the following hashtags to join the feminist movement on social media.
#Make it happen
In addition to tagging your photos and posts with these hashtags, you can also do the following:
- Share or retweet a message related to International Women’s Day 2021.
- Use the International Women’s Day 2021 logo as the PDD of the day.
- You can also use the IWD logo in your email signatures in purple color.
- Since the official color for International Women’s Day 2021 is purple, be sure to sport the royal hue on this day both physically and virtually.
- You can unleash your creative imagination and shoot a video that expresses the universal concerns of women and restores the need for women’s empowerment.
How to celebrate International Women’s Day 2021 offline?
Yes, you can do it that way too. Here’s how:
- Several NGOs, media houses and businesses celebrate International Women’s Day by organizing discussions, health camps and campaigns focused on women. You can certainly be a part of it. If you are part of the organizing team, decorate your office cubicle with the color purple. It will be a good idea if you can show a short film that talks about the feminist cause.
- Want to get a head start to show your commitment to the colors of International Women’s Day and Women’s Day? Go ahead and donate to organizations that fight for the empowerment of women.
What to wear: International Women’s Day 2021 is one response to which the message has largely responded. Go ahead and celebrate the power of girls and femininity!
Source of images: womensdaycelebration.com, www.internationalwomensday.com
You Can Read Also :