Rajpal Yadav on his 50th birthday: I don’t know who my friend in Bollywood is, but I have no enemy

Actor Rajpal Yadav says, “If you can joke and charm people, it means that from the inside you are very serious.” The ace artist, who turns 50 today, believes he has had a new life in terms of his career. Revealing that he wants to spend his day fully engrossed in the company of his family, away from networking, Rajpal has become outspoken with indianexpress.com, about his birthday plans and more.

“If people want to meet or talk to you, you can say you’re still relevant. I am completing half a century of my life in 2021. I have faced so many stepping stones. From 2000 to 2010, I had the chance to work in more than 100 films. And I learned from my mistakes. Now I feel like I’m being reborn and aiming for more goals, ”says Rajpal, reflecting on his journey so far.

Rajpal Yadav started his film career with a cameo as a coolie in Ajay Devgn with Shool (1999). Over a career spanning more than two decades, Rajpal has played memorable characters, mostly comedic roles, in films like Hungama, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Garam Masala, Malamaal Weekly, Dhol, Chup Chup Ke, Bhagam Bhag, Partner , Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Judwaa 2 and the recent Coolie No. 1. His work in Jungle, Darna Mana Hai, Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh, Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon and others was far from comedy and stood out.


Despite experimenting with his roles, has Rajpal ever felt categorized or categorized in comedy? “I am a very serious man in real life. I am an observer. Only the one who is satisfied in life can be funny. When you play 500 characters, you can’t feel categorized. There can only be one Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh or Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon. Just that you have to choose characters that will appeal to a child, as well as an elderly person, without making anyone uncomfortable. This is the control you need to practice in this film industry, to respect your ideologies. So many people have offered me a role similar to Jungle. I told them what the good is and they can copy paste the same character. Even though I have to do less of these roles, I haven’t retired yet. I always work in three shifts, ”said Rajpal.

Sharing how he makes sure to avoid abuse when selecting his roles, the National Theater School (NSD) said: “We were born and raised in the Indian hinterland, where people keep abuse at your fingertips. But over the last 5-7 years, we’ve seen how we can make money by abusing the screen. I don’t need to use bad language as a way to win or be entertained. Only 3% of the audience like it, the remaining 97% still like Hum Aapke Hain Koun. “

Rajpal agreed that when he started out there was a line between a lead actor and a comedian. But, the lines have faded over the years. Today everything revolves around the character, and that has created better opportunities for the current culture. “Everything happens at its moment. For a true artist, all that matters is entertaining the masses. What we do on the reel is not our true side. So it doesn’t matter if you are playing the lead role, a supporting role, or a comedian. All in all, this is the era of entertainment. Reel is the illusion of reality, and now is the right time to experience that illusion.

principal madhuri dixit banna chahti hoon antara mali rajpal yadav Rajpal Yadav with Antra Mali in an image by Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon. (Photo: Archives Express)


Rajpal Yadav calls Charlie Chaplin his inspiration. He says, however, that he never copied it. “Charlie Chaplin is my friend. I can talk to him for hours. There cannot be a greater friend of creativity. I will feel proud if my sorrows can turn into someone’s happiness.

Crediting the digital medium for opening new avenues for creatives, the actor explained how the scripts offered to him today have changed. “All the films are custom made today. With the advent of the OTT, we are offered great roles. If a film like Chup Chup Ke remains in the memory of people of all generations, with the expansion of the web space, I aim to reach a wider audience.

So who has been her favorite character to play so far? “I love all of my characters. Some characters have good length, some have strength. When Hungama 2 comes, I’ll ask you if he’s doing better or if the one you saw in Main Meri Patni Aur Woh was.

And who are his friends in the industry? “I don’t know who my friend is. But I know I have no enemies, ”he concluded.

Happy birthday, Rajpal Yadav!

You Can Read Also :

Classic Style

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.

Situs sbobet resmi terpercaya. Daftar situs slot online gacor resmi terbaik. Agen situs judi bola resmi terpercaya. Situs idn poker online resmi. Agen situs idn poker online resmi terpercaya. Situs idn poker terpercaya.

situs idn poker terbesar di Indonesia.

List website idn poker terbaik.

Game situs slot online resmi